Friday, October 12, 2007

An Answer

Rose, who has been commenting here, wrote a comment to my last post as I was writing today’s post. The comment was a question. Today’s post is the answer. Good timing.

Brian Miller from Lee County government called and said I have to observe the rules that apply to the other vehicles on the road; specifically bicycles. There might be some bridges that I won’t be able to cross because they don’t have a lane for bicycles. In this case, the cycle goes in the car and we drive it over.

There are two more tasks that I need to add to the task list. One is writing a position paper describing why I believe we need universal health care (UHC) and what UHC should look like — how it’s administered and funded, etc. The other task is lining up a list of civic organizations to make a presentation to about UHC.

The presentations will give me an opportunity to feel comfortable with speaking about UHC and I’ll discover if I’m addressing the concerns the public has with UHC. The more Cheryl and I discuss this project the more excited we get. I want to have a team that’s as excited as we are. After this project’s over and we’ve succeeded, I’ve got more — gotta wear out that cycle.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy am I glad you got the answer! So how are you going to have someone following you in a car? Will they drive ahead so they can keep at the speed limit?
What kind of things do you need from your team? I am interested in being part of your team, but I am limited on time. Maybe you can post a list of things that your team will do.

RichW said...

Lots of questions. Okay, I think the car that follows me will have to get ahead of me and wait for me to go by then watch me pedal off in the distance and then catch up and get ahead again. Personally, I'll be glad to be pedaling the cycle.

The team will hold a meeting in which we will we determine all the tasks that need to be completed before the Ride. Next we will give each task a date for completion. Last we will assign the tasks. We will then meet at times scheduled in the first meeting and update each other.

That’s a quick stab at what the team will do. The most important task for the team is coming up with all the other tasks. I will be calling some other groups who do bike-a-thons such as the American Lung Association. They had a event in June that was a 3,300 mile trek across the USA. If anyone knows what needs to be done, they do. I already have their phone number.

Thank you for joining The Team. Now there’s four of us; Cheryl, Rose, Anthony, and the nut on the cycle.

Anonymous said...

Make that 5 - Ray wants to join to.

RichW said...

Welcome aboard Ray.

Anonymous said...

You may want to consider a new abbreviation instead of UHC. Ironically, that's the appreviation used for the very large national health insurer UnitedHealthcare...