Thursday, October 4, 2007

An Update



I've been doing a lot of research on healthcare systems and found some great sites. One in particular had a plethora of unbiased information. I'm finishing that post but the picture you see here really caught my attention. This is a hand pedaled cycle. Okay, it’s a high-tech, racing, hand pedaled cycle. Isn’t it beautiful? This one is a little expensive and not what I'll purchase. It cost $3,600. These cycles aren’t mass produced so the cost is high.

Anyhow, as I mentioned in my last post, the plan is to pedal and walk when I venture out speaking about the need for universal health insurance in the USA. It makes sense to pedal because if I walk every day I'll only get about four to six miles per day. It will take me a week just to get out of Fort Myers. These bikes can travel up to 30 miles per hour. That’s only for a very short distance because it’s all arm strength. The average speed will probably be 12 to 15 miles per hour. At that speed, I can cover some distance.

My youngest daughter and son-in-law said they will pay for a portion of the bike as a corporate sponsor. They own a web based business, miamibeach411.com. Check out the site. The more reasonably priced bikes cost around $2,000. Obviously, I’m going to put some miles on the cycle so I want to make sure I get a good one. The next challenge, after getting the bike, is getting in shape.

I believe an update on the book is called for now. I’m selecting the next five agents to send the query letter to tomorrow. It’s been a week since I sent out the first group of five and no word. I didn’t expect any responses by now but wouldn’t it be exciting to get a phone call in the next few days. I won’t even mind getting a form letter thanking me for my letter but no thanks. There’s a possibility I might get some advice from one of the responders. That would be appreciated.

This week I spoke with a man in town who is a published author. He gave me some suggestions on how to get the book published. He told me about a site called PublishAmerica
http://www.publishamerica.com/ . That’s not the path I’ll take at this time but it’s an option. Well time to get back to the other post. See you soon.

No comments: